Sunday, April 20, 2014

Loved General Conference

4-7-14

You asked about going to the Ft. Lauderdale open house.  No, we don't get to go because it is just barely outside the boundaries of our mission.  I did get to watch all of General Conference, and I loved it!  It seemed too short to me, though.  I wish it would last the entire week.  :)
This was another great week of work.  We didn't get as much done as we did last week, but it was still good.  We invited everyone we talked to and taught to watch General Conference, so hopefully they did.  One of our investigators, Don, came for the last session of General Conference, and he said that he thought it was very interesting.  He says that about everything.  But, I thought that all of the talks were great for him to hear, because they all focused on the basics and foundation of the Gospel and the things that we have taught him.  So, hopefully, it had a good influence on him.  I also like Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk and how he invited every member to get a copy of Preach My Gospel and to make it a part of their studies.  I'm excited for you all to take on the challenge that the sister missionaries gave you.  Having members with us as missionaries is so powerful and important in lessons and fellowshipping those we teach.  It's a great opportunity to be involved in the work.  I honestly don't know how that referral was made, because I didn't do it.  I guess it was just suppose to happen so that you all now have the opportunity and challenge to hand out the Book of Mormon and share the Gospel with someone.  I'll be praying for you all to find someone to share it with, so be attentive, and take the opportunity when it arises.  I will be waiting to hear what you guys have found in the future.  I will continue to pray for you guys, and thank you for your support and prayers, as well.  I love you and I hope that this week goes well for you!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment