Sunday, April 6, 2014

Loving his area!!!!

3-31-14

Luckies!!!!  I want snow!!!!!!  Appreciate it while it is there.  Yep, I served around Sister Partridge for about 3 or so months, I think.  She is awesome!  Hopefully, things go well for her at home and she can get back out here soon.  (This is a Sister that went home with some heart problems)  So it sounds like you had a good meeting yesterday.  We deal with people asking us about the church's stance on Gays a lot!  We just tell them that we believe that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God, and that we are to follow the commandments of God.  We aren't against those who are pro-gay, but just like another sin like breaking the law of chastity, we believe that everyone has the free agency to choose for themselves between right and wrong.  Those that claim to have no control over their sexual orientation, and were born that way, is not true.  It is a temptation or trial that is given to them in life, and just like any other temptation, they are to put off the natural man and choose right.  Usually people who ask us about this question just want to cause problems and argue, so they just try  and anti whatever we tell them, so we usually just leave it at that.  
You asked me if I need anything.  The only thing I'd like right now is the Insanity workout program.  Other than that, I can't really think of anything I need.  I just barely bought a hard drive so that I could get talks and songs from all of my companions, since they all have some really good ones that I want.  I can't wait for General Conference!  It seems like it just barely happened, and now it's here again!  It's weird to think that I was in Salt Lake with Keegan and Taylor and Cody for last April's Conference.  It's nice to just take two whole days and listen to the Prophet, Apostles, and Church Leaders.  I learn so much from it.  The work in our area has been awesome!  I can't remember if I said this before, but our ward is doing a Book of Mormon reading challenge and a fast to go with it, and all of the members are doing it, and there have been some crazy results.  We have great people that we are working with.  The members are getting involved in the work, and the work itself is hastening!  The Work has been picking up and we are finding more people to teach.  Those that we visit with, who have been following along with the challenge, have been seeing tons of blessings in their lives and they are just happier.  It's great!  I LOVE this area!  I get to sleep on a nice queen mattress, we have full car, and I love serving with Elder Lawless.  He and I have a lot of fun together, and I have learned a lot from him as well!  I hope that your week goes well and I will talk to you later!  Love ya!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment