Thursday, July 10, 2014

Not Transferring and Seeing Great things come of Serving Others!

7-7-14

No.  I'm not transferring.  I'm staying here.  So, that means I will be killing off Elder Lawless and then I don't know what will happen.  That might mean that I will be here for at least one more transfer so that I can show another elder the area before I leave.  Elder Lawless is staying with me, and so are both of the sister missionaries in the ward.  No changes.  It will be a lot different next transfer, though.
That's good that they got all of the information for Dad so quickly.  Hopefully, they get some good results back soon.
This week was a little different for us.  We did a lot of service moving people, and some good things came from some of the move.  We helped move a part member family and the dad has been less active for 19 years and he came to church yesterday because he said that our service and example reminded him what he loved about the church when he first joined.  It was really awesome to see him at church.  Service took up a good chunk of our week, and things will be the same for the next few weeks.  I did not eat very healthy at all this week, but I didn't have to make anything for meals either.  Since we did a bunch of service this week, everyone always fed us pizza and pop.  Then, we got all of the leftovers from it and a few members bought us dinner throughout the week at fast food restaurants.  This Saturday we also got the leftover of some big birthday party they held in the church gym.  So, we have a bunch of unhealthy food, but it's saving us on the cost of groceries.  Have a great week!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment