Sunday, February 16, 2014

Enjoying the area and companion

2-3-14

Things are going good for us here.  Elder Fisher is such an awesome companion.  I love him and I love the people here.  A lot of the members here are older and they are all so nice.  There is a lot more diversity to work with here and it makes working with members a lot better.  Even a lot of the less active members are nice and let us come over and teach them, unlike my last area.  We are just in the process of just figuring the area out and knowing what works and what doesn't.  I think that this area has a lot of potential, though.  We just need to rely on the Lord to know what to do in order to get it all going.  I did get your letter this week, thanks.  Thank you for the recipes.  We made some breakfast bars for lunch and they turned out great!  Elder Fisher calls them monsters because they start out nice, then they blow up into a beast thing.  It makes sense to me.  I don't really have any exciting stories this week to tell.  All we did was go around and try to figure out what we should do since neither of us really know the area.  Our ward mission leader is pushing us to reach the standard of excellence that the church has set of 20 lessons a week, and we could have made it this last week, but practically all of our appointments fell through.  Hopefully, this week will go a little better.  I always have and I always will continue to pray for you guys.  Love ya!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment