Monday, March 17, 2014

Poor Piggy

3-10-14

We have not been able to meet with that family yet, but we are just going to stop by this evening and see if we can catch them at home and see what's going on.  As far as I know, Elder Fisher is planning on coming back out.  He said that it's going to be a 6 week recovery because they found 2 tears in his meniscus instead of just one.  He doesn't know how he hurt it.  He had surgery on it before he came out from wrestling, but it just tore again.  So now he just needs to be more careful on it.  He was out for 14 months when he went home.  So he would be out for 10 more when he gets back.  Sorry I haven't answered your questions, I just forget to bring the letter with me to the library so I can look at it and answer your questions.  I usually get your letters by Friday or Saturday.  I'll try and make a note of the things I need to respond to in my email to you so I don't forget.
This week I got to help kill some pigs for the ward's annual pig roast.  That was pretty crazy.  I have some pictures and even a few little videos of it, but I'm guessing that you don't want those.  I couldn't believe how much blood came out of that thing when one of the members cut open its throat.  It was like a cherry gusher with every heart beat.  When the guy tried to shoot it in the head, the gun kept jamming and it eventually went off, but the whole time I was just thinking, "poor pig, doesn't have a clue that it is going to die any second".  It was eating its dinner when he shot it.  But in the middle of dealing with the pigs, the sister missionaries called us because they got in a wreck and they wanted us to come and give one of them a blessing.  Apparently, they blew through a stop sign and got hit on the left back side of the car.  Both of the cars were classified as "totaled" even though there wasn't a crazy amount of damage done, and everyone was fine.  The sister who asked for the blessing was just really stressed about the whole thing, so Elder Lawless did the anointing and I gave the blessing.  It was another great experience!  It was a pretty great day!  I hope that you are all doing great, and I will talk to you next week.  Love ya!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment