Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ten Months and counting!

4-28-14

     That's great that you're going to have the sister missionaries over for dinner this week.  We haven't had too many member dinners, but we are beginning to.  Something that we are doing with everyone we meet is leaving the "Savior's Peace and Blessing".  It is a prayer that we leave in the home by the authority of the priesthood and we pray specifically for all of those in the family.  We also pray for the Spirit to be with them in their home and that they may be able to recognize missionary opportunities as they come.  I love doing them because they are simple, but powerful if the setting is right.
     Mom, that's great that you are studying in the Doctrine and Covenants.  Something that is great to do is to study something really short and really learn about it, so that it can be embedded in your mind and your testimony, rather than reading a whole lot, learning a whole little, and not being able to recall any of it a day or two later.  Going back to the basics of study and prayer is what we tell everyone we teach to do.  If you are having a hard time getting much out of your reading, pray, and if necessary, fast to be more sensitive to the things that the Lord want you to learn from what you read.  I have days where I will read and get almost nothing from my studies, and other days where I'm mad that studies aren't longer because I just want to keep going on what I'm learning all day.  I think the time that I am the most focused and worry free is during studies.  I'm so grateful for it, and I really wish that I would have used a lot more time back at home doing it.  But, try and see what works for you and let me know how this week goes.
     This week has been hot and exhausting, but we were still able to get a lot of teaching done.  This week just seemed to float by.  It was quick, had a lot of work, but nothing really crazy.  Today, though, we are having a Zone training that will last the entire afternoon and night.  It's going to start at 2:00 p.m. and go until about 9:00 p.m.  We will have about an hour of training and the rest will be eating food, and playing games.  I think it will be really fun.  This is the first time that our mission president is having us do this.
     Everything is going great here.  Some days are slower and some faster, but it's all good.  I hope that everything is well at home and that this is a great week for you.  Love You!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment