Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Power of Faith

5-5-14

That picture you saw of me was Elder Lawless and I roleplaying a street contacting scenario at our Zone Development Day.  We haven't had any flooding down here yet, it hasn't rained enough.  The rainy season is coming soon, though.
That's awesome that you and Dad got to go to the temple.  I think that that is pretty significant that you came across that scripture in the temple!  That also leads into a really cool experience that I had yesterday.  We stopped by a less active member's home to visit him and his family, and when we got there, the dad wasn't feeling too well.  He had a terrible headache and he was light-headed and just pale and woozy.  We visited with him for a few minutes and as we talked with him, he was just getting more and more sick.  He asked us if we could give him a blessing right then, and we did.  Literally, 5 minutes after we gave him the blessing, he was almost perfectly fine.  All he had was a little headache left.  It was so cool!  It was simple, but clear that it was a blessing from Heavenly Father because of his faith.  He told us that he has had multiple occasions where he has been deathly  sick, and has received a blessing, and then within a day or two, he is perfectly fine.  It was  just really cool to see a blessing work that fast.  I wasn't really expecting him to get better while we were there, but he did.
Noooo!!!!  The Chalmer's can't move!  I'm going to miss them so much!  Do you know where they are planning on going after he is done with school?  You should send me their mailing address so that I can write them.
I will write down some questions and things to talk about on Mother's Day.  We are going to be face timing  you with our iPads, so tell me what the number or username is that I need to now to call you.  I think that we might plan for 7 o'clock our time-so 5 o'clock your time.  Let me know if that will work as soon as possible, because I can't reply after 6 o'clock tonight because that's when our p-day ends.  Have a great week!  Love ya!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment