Sunday, September 7, 2014

It's a Boy!

8-25-14

My new companion is doing great!  He is a humble elder and he has that greenie fire!  Things are going well with training, but I have definitely been stressed out with it all.  It's been a little exhausting trying to do everything, but it's getting better day by day as I involve Elder Swallow a little more and more.  He is from Clinton, UT.  He likes a variety of things, but something that is cool about him is that he speaks German pretty fluently.  He took it all throughout high school.
Well, this week was crazy with all of the changes.  Elder Lawless left Monday morning up to Tampa and got home Tuesday evening.  I stayed with the Venice elders for all of Monday and Tuesday.  On Wednesday, they dropped me off in my area where I worked all day with one of the priests in the ward, then I went back to Venice for the night.  I went up to Tampa on Thursday morning and picked up Elder Swallow and came back down and worked.  We still managed to get in a good number of lessons with all of the time that I was gone for the week.  I have felt somewhat lost and unprepared for the past few days, but so far I have been able to manage and keep everything moving.  We had a pretty cool experience with street finding this Saturday right by the church.  Elder Lawless and I hadn't done it in a while, but I decided to do it so that Elder Swallow could get some practice.  We parked the car and we didn't even get out of the parking lot before we stopped someone who was riding through on their bike.  We talked to him and set up a church tour for this next week.  About one minute later, someone honked at us and flipped a u-turn to stop and talk to us.  The lady was a young women's president who told us about one of her young women that had just moved to Port Charlotte.  The girl's parents are not members and she wanted us to teach her and possibly her parents.  This all happened within a hundred yards of the church.  A few hours later, we took the same route of travel and ran into two more people right outside of the church parking lot and set up church tours with them.  It was so cool to have all of that happen right off the bat for us.  I guess those are some of the blessings of training!  I hope that this week will go well for both you and me!  Love you!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

Elder Whaley with his son, Elder Swallow

Elder Whaley and Elder Swallow

Elder Whaley and Elder Swallow

No comments:

Post a Comment