Sunday, September 21, 2014

Loving Training and Miracles!

9-15-14

We had a pretty great week full of fun and interesting things.  This last Monday we went up to the Sarasota area for a big Zone Development day where we played some games and sports and had some training to finish it off.  On Tuesday, Elder Christensen went on exchanges with me in our area to work for the day.  We didn't have any appointments planned, but we ended up getting six lessons and a new investigator.
The sisters in our ward had a baptism this week for a Phillipino lady that they have been teaching and they asked if I would give the talk on baptism.  The program went well and when it came time for the baptism, they called Elder Swallow and I up to be the witnesses for it.  As soon as she came up out of the water, she started chanting something in Phillipino, and it sounded like she was trying to speak in tongues, so we hurried and closed the curtains.  I kind of expected that she would do that, but I guess that it was probably because of her previous religious background.  Haha.  She was confirmed on Sunday and we were invited to stand in on the confirmation.
That same day, during third hour, Hunter Mooney received the Aaronic priesthood and was ordained to the office of Priest.  He had Elder Swallow do the ordination.  Hunter is doing an amazing job at taking initiative to get himself to church and being active.  Now his goal is to get to the temple to do baptisms.
The last big miracle that happened this weekend was back on Saturday after the baptism.  We met with one of our investigators, Kevin, and talked to him about his upcoming baptism.  He has been progressing so well and keeping every commitment that we leave him with.  His original date was set for October 4th, but because he want to make sure that I am here for his baptism, he asked if we could move it up a week sooner to the 27th of this month.  We didn't have any problems with it, so that is what we did.  Now he will be getting baptized in two more weeks.  I'm so excited for him!
Training is going great and I am really coming to love it!  It has helped me grow a lot in regards to missionary work, and especially in my personal life and testimony of the Gospel.  I love the work, and I love the Lord!  I hope that you have a great week and I will hear from you soon!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment