Saturday, January 3, 2015

District Leader

12-22-14

This last week has been crazy busy and crazy crazy!  At the beginning of last week we had three baptismal dates originally set to happen this past weekend.  One of the interviews was done Sunday and the other two were done Wednesday.  All of them passed their interviews, but we ended up having to cancel one of the baptisms because of some information that we found out about.  Long story short, we ended up having two baptisms this past weekend.  The first was with Ellis and the second was Ressie.
I had the privilege of baptizing Ellis and it was a little difficult!  Everything went fine with the prayer, but he did NOT want to go under the water.  So, I had to tell him to just bend his knees and we did the prayer again.  I felt really bad because I had to basically shove him under the water and he started to panic when his head went under.  It was good that I got him to go all the way, though, because when he came up, he said, "I am not doing that again!"
Our bishop baptized Ressie and everything went very well with her baptism.  She was so happy the entire time.  She had been waiting to be baptized for a while.
On Sunday, Elder Dardon did the confirmation for Ellis and our bishop did it for Ressie.  It was pretty neat.
The other thing that happened this week that was crazy and scary is that I was made the district leader!  We had transfers this past Thursday and I found out that my MTC companion, Elder Nelson, is my new Zone leader and he ended up calling me to ask if I would serve as the DL for our district.  I've never been the district leader before!  I don't even know everything that I am suppose to do.  I've been pretty stressed out the past couple of days.  I want to just make sure that I do a good job.  Our first district meeting is coming up this Wednesday and I have to figure out what I need to present training on.  I never thought that I would have been made DL.

Love,
Eler A. Whaley

Elder Dardon, Ellis, Elder Whaley, and
Ellis' little brother

Elder Whaley, Ressie's family, Ressie,
Elder Dardon


No comments:

Post a Comment