Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ninja Status!

12-15-14

This last week was really great for us.  We had our mission Christmas party and we still got a lot of work done.
The party was on Wednesday at Bradenton beach.  It ended up being pretty windy and cold all day, so we couldn't do much of anything except kick a soccer ball around and throw a football.  Later in the evening, we had an ugly sweater contest and sang some Christmas songs.  It's crazy to think that it's been an entire year since the last Christmas party that we had.
As of right now, there are three of our investigators who are planning on getting baptized this Saturday. Their names are: Ellis, Ressie, and Julie.  Ellis has already had his baptismal interview and is ready to go, and the other two are going to be having their interviews Wednesday.
A fun experience that I had two weeks ago that I forgot to tell you about, was us breaking into our apartment because we locked ourselves out.  We tried to pick the lock with a card at first, but it didn't work, so I had Elder Dardon lift me up onto our balcony so I could climb up it and try to get through our sliding glass door.  The door ended up being locked, but I had an "idea" to move the door in a circular motion to try and unlatch the lock.  After about two minutes of doing this, the door unlocked and I got in.  Now I am Ninja Status!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley


Elders at Christmas party on Bradenton  beach

Elder Chamberlain and Elder Whaley

Elder Whaley 5th from the left.  Christmas
party at Bradenton beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment