Friday, April 3, 2015

Favorite/Hardest part of Missionary Work!

3-30-15


    I would say that my favorite part of missionary work would have to be the opportunity to study the Gospel every morning, when we have big Zone or Mission Conferences, and especially when I get to see others gain a testimony of the Gospel message and act upon that and see it change their lives.  The hardest part of missionary work is when my faith and patience is being tested in a number of ways.  It's difficult when I feel that I'm trying hard and nothing is happening, but something always eventually does and I understand that I am not going to witness the results of most of the work that I am a part of out here.  That will come down the road at some point.
    Luckily, I feel the Spirit most of the time, but the last time I felt it very clearly and strong was Saturday when I actually received a package from the ward with the Easter eggs.  I read the scriptures in the New Testament that lead up to the Atonement of Christ and opened the eggs that held the little memorabilia symbolizing it all.  When I got to the last scripture that said, "He is not here, for He is risen" and opened the egg and found nothing in it, I don't know why, but it really sunk into my heart that He lives and that he is literally somewhere.  It's not just a message of hope, but it is the truth!!!!!


Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment