Friday, April 3, 2015

Future Bee Keeper?

3-9-15

This last week's highlights were being able to do some service and the church's hog roast!
   Saturday morning, we went up to the top of our area to go and help one of the members with a service project for a non-member relative.  We were digging out lines in their backyard for the septic tank.  (Don't worry, it didn't stink).  We were there for about 3 hours and we got acquainted with two of the member's nephews.  The older one catches his own snakes, lizards, and tortoises and breeds and sells them.  He showed us his little zoo and I asked if he knew the member out in Port Charlotte that did the same thing as him.  He did.  It told him that I saw him all the time when I was in Port Charlotte.  After we were done with the project, we invited them to come out to the hog roast and they did.
    We had about 5 investigators show up to the event, but many of them came as we were finishing up and cleaning everything.  While we were there, I was talking with one of the members who is a beekeeper.  He was telling me all about how he got into bee keeping and how he was the President of two bee keeping associations in Utah before moving to Florida.  He told me that I should get into it when I get back to Idaho and that he would set me up with Jay Miller, who owns Miller Honey in Idaho.  From what he told me about it, it sounds like a really fun thing to do, so who knows.  I might look into it when I get back.  Haha.

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment