Saturday, April 18, 2015

Loving his new are/Companions!

4-13-15

Thank you for writing me and letting me know about what is going on at home with Grandma and you guys.  Things are going great for me here.
   This last week has been a lot of work and a lot of fun!  Throughout this last week we biked about 150 miles to get around our area.  The entire mission is on full bike right now because President Cusick feels that we are missing too many opportunities to talk to people and teach them on the street, so no one is allowed to use their car for the next 3 weeks, except for shopping on P-days and going to meetings.
   We have found a few new investigators this last week that we have been teaching and two of them are working towards baptism.  They are both youth and they are completely solid in the Gospel and keeping commitments.  The only obstacle would be to make sure that their parents are supportive of their decision.
   Elder Reynolds and Pond are great!  I talk a lot about hunting and doing outdoor stuff with Elder Reynolds and I talk about a bunch of random other stuff with Elder Pond.  Elder Pond's main source of food is rice and he eats a ton of it.  He got really use to it in Africa, so that is all he eats here.  He has a giant 20 lb. bag of it and he always eats some for lunch and dinner.
   Yesterday, Elder Pond and I were asked to give talks in sacrament about the temple and about why they are important and how we can work towards the Temple.  I'm glad that I was given this topic because I honestly haven't thought about the Temple that much since I haven't been able to go to one for such a long time.  I learned so much and both of our talks ended up very well.  It's pretty much a tradition for me now that whenever I go to a new ward, they always have me speak within the first couple of weeks that I'm there.
   Tomorrow we have a Zone Conference in Tampa and I will get to see Elder Baumgartner and my other trainee, Elder Swallow to see how they are both doing.  I'm excited for that.  I hope that you all have a great week.  Love you!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley






No comments:

Post a Comment