Monday, July 8, 2013

First Letter Home!

We received a written letter from Austin on Saturday, June 29th.  We weren't expecting it, so it was a nice surprise.

Dated 6-27-13  (The day after he entered the MTC)

Dear Mom, Dad, Vanessa, and Whitney,

     I am really enjoying my stay at the MTC so far.  I've only been here for two days now, but I've already been overwhelmed with information.  Right now it's pretty stressful and hard, but everyone says that the first 4 days are the worst, so I'll just wait till then.  Then, I think I will really start to enjoy it.  I've already seen Elder Galbraith (Taylor) and I am in a trio companionship.  My companions are Elder Grant and Elder Nelson.  They are both 18 years old and they're going to my mission.  They are both very musical and into drama and other school clubs like that.  I don't have too much in common with them, but they are still cool guys.  The schedule here is pretty rigorous and I've been really tired, but I'll adjust quickly.  Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm fine and I really appreciate all of your guy's hard work to get me here.  I already miss you guys and home.  I can't wait to hear from you. I love you.

Elder Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment