Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New adventures in Florida!

7-29-13

Hello,

Just so you know, I got another watch and yes, I got all of the packages you sent!  Thanks so Much!  If you could send letters through the week, that might be nice so I don't have to try and squeeze it all in an hour-that's all the time I get to write/type on P-day.  I can't believe Corbin is going to Japan!  That's going to be so tough at first, but I hope that he sticks with it and does his best to learn the language and everything.  I heard that Japanese is one of the hardest ones to learn at the MTC because it is just so different.  Tell him to make it through the MTC and he'll do good.  This week we also got a baptism lined up with one of our investigating families for August 17th.  The mom and her two sons are going to be baptized, which is really cool.  We're going to try to convince them to do it at the beach so that we are allowed to go there.  Haha.  Also, this monday I went on an exchange with one of the Haitian Elders and it was crazy.  The first house we went to, the lady was mumbling some prayer chant thing while I was giving the closing prayer.  In the next house, the lady gave the closing prayer and she was standing up and praising God just lie "Hallelujah, Christ..." and a bunch of other things I didn't understand because it was in Creole.  Then, in the last house we stopped at, the lady there fed us cow's feet with some rice and gross veggie stuff.  It was Disgusting, but we ate it all.  My companion didn't tell me what it was till after I finished it.  He said that it was the grossest thing he has ever been fed on his mission, and I've only been out a few weeks and I got to share in that experience with him (Ya me!)  Other than that, nothing too exciting happened this week.

Love
Elder A. Whaley




Me in front of a HUGE truck!

My backyard!

My companion, Elder Lott, from Idaho Falls

The beach!

Cow's feet with veggies (disgusting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment