Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tampa Ray's game

8-5-13

Hey,

It sounds like everything is going great up there.  I am almost out of time, but I am sending a letter out today that talks about what has been going on and about the Ray's game.  It was so much fun, and I'll put on some pictures next week of the game and of some of the missionaries singing the anthem.  I was not in it though-I am a horrible singer.  (I wouldn't know because he would never sing around me-at least not serious singing).  Don't get mad if I don't send an email next Monday, You'll get a better letter in a few days.
This week, we have still just been teaching that family we are going to baptize, and they have a daughter who is 14 and she has not really been interested, but she is starting to open up and wanting to learn.  So, she might also get baptized sometime.  Other than that, we have just been tracting this whole week, and haven't had much luck.  We knocked on one door though, and some girl answered the door, and she was actually pretty interested. We gave her a Book of Mormon and we're probably going to follow up with her in a few days.  The rest of the week has just been hot and a lot of bike riding.  I got a little bike odometer, and I found out that we ride an average of anywhere between 15 to 25 miles a day on bikes.  Elder Taylor emailed me and he said that he is serving in the ghetto, (he is serving in the Jacksonville, Florida mission)and I don't know if he was joking, but he said that they've almost been shot at and had a knife pulled on them.  You'll have to ask his parents or something.  He sent me a picture of a window that was shot at.  I don't know if it was their apartment or what.
I haven't hard that talk on Lessons from Liberty Jail by Elder Holland.  You'll have to send it to me.  Oh, and I also met Mr. Tolman's daughter this week.  They live in our ward.  So, if you ever see Mr. Tolman, let him know because he was telling me about them.

I love you guys, and I pray for you every day.

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

P.S. I'll post pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment