Friday, August 9, 2013

Written letter from Austin

8-2-13                              

Directions: Get a magnifying glass (with a hand drawn pic of a magnifying glass because he write very small-LOL.

Dear whomsoever readeth this notary (Mom & Dad),

Hey, sorry I haven't written to any of you yet, I have just been busy working.  This week has gone by pretty slow, mainly because we haven't had any investigators to teach, so we've been doing a lot of tracting, which is always interesting.  I've had plenty of doors shut in my face, but we've also had a few times where the people are nice enough to talk to us.  They are not interested in the message however; they are just trying to tell us that we "have been mislead" and that they hope that we will be "shown the light."  I enjoy it for the most part though because that's where all the weird stories come from.
As far as outside of missionary work goes, Elder Lott and I caught a Dino Duck in our apartment last week.  They are all over the place, and are really stupid.  We just set up a trail of bread that led into the apartment and it walked right in.  When we closed the door behind it, it tried to fly out and slammed right into the glass door.  It was pretty funny.  Tomorrow on the 3rd, we are going to the Ray's stadium to watch a baseball game against the Giants, so that will be fun.  Other than that, we do a lot of biking, and on P-Day we always play basketball, and Elder Lott is amazing at it.  He is going to teach me how to play better since I haven't really played for years and I stink.
Also, as for letters and e-mails; if you could send a letter during the week, that would make it, so I have more time to respond more in depth replies if you want.  I always e-mail you guys first and then try to respond to everyone else, but it usually ends up being like a two sentence reply.  So tell everyone who wants to contact me to write me a letter if they want more than a "I'm doing fine" letter.  I can write people back and let them know what's going on.  My mailing address is :
                                          3310 Bermuda Isles Circle 238
                                          Naples, FL 34109
So far, Bro. Stewart, Corbin, Jade, Rebecca, Morgan, Allyson, Rhett, Kaleb, Kolten, Taylor, and Keeghan, have emailed me.  So just let whoever you can, know about the letters, that would be great.  Thanks.  I love you guys and I miss you.  Let me know how you are all doing and what's going on.  I keep all of you in my prayers every day.  Also, let me know what Shad's doing because he doesn't give me hardly anything.
P.S. I almost forgot to mention that I met Mr. Tolman's daughter.  She is in my ward and her last name is Dalling.  Also, like I said everyone down here is from Idaho.  I'll try to get a list of those who are, so you can contact them when they move back up there once they are done with school.

8-3-13

So we went to the Ray's game today.  They were playing the Giants.  The whole thing was say fun.  We all got a free bobble head and some drunk guy stole Elder Lott's right out of his hand.  It was kind of weird.  We got to go down by the dug out and take some pictures before the game.  We also went over the "Skyway Bridge" and that was pretty big.  I saw a bunch of missionaries from my MTC district there, so that was nice.  Anyway, I really liked it and I think I'll go again next year.

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

(I guess they have a "Mormon Night" every year where the missionaries get to go to a MLB game).
             


No comments:

Post a Comment