Friday, August 30, 2013

The Crazy Lady!

8-26-13

It was great to hear from you today and read about what has been going on.  I told you earlier that I would tell you about Maggie Martin and what happened this week.  Well, she is a less-active member who lives in a nursing home and we've been visiting her every now and then.  This past Tuesday though, when we went, it was so bizarre.  We couldn't find her in her room, so we looked around the place for her.  There was some old guy with his pants half off just walking around, and then as we were walking down the hall, we could hear a sort of screeching noise.  It was an old lady grinding her teeth.  We could hear it all the way down the hall-it was so loud; and she was walking like a zombie with her head tilted.  It reminded me of the movie "Grudge".  Anyway, we found Maggie and went to her room to have a lesson.  The door was closed and locked, but right in the middle of the lesson, someone started pounding on the door extremely hard and was yelling.  Maggie went to go open it and it was the half pants guy.  The first thing he yells to her is, "Remember, 36 at 10:00 A.M.", and he just kept repeating that.  Maggie was like, "No, go away.  My church people are here and they are showing me the ways of God!" -stuff like that.  I was laughing so hard and then the guy just forced his way into the room and kept repeating the same phrase.  Maggie flipped out and ran by us and started screaming so loud!  She was yelling, "Ahhh, he is gonna kill me!  Help me!"  She literally thought she was going to die.  A bunch of workers ran in and took the guy out.  As we continued with the lesson, neither Elder Lott or I could stop laughing.  It was such a crazy experience.
Some things I forgot to mention was that you guys need to make sure that you are doing things like: family scripture study, family prayer, and Family Home Evening all the time.  I know that we did this on and off, but it is so important that you always do it.  We teach our investigators that it is a commandment of God, and it is!  So, find the time and make it work.
Thanks for all you do for me!  I really appreciate it!  It means a lot to me.  Also, please tell those who have written or emailed or are supporting me in other ways, that I really appreciate it!

Love,
Elder A. Whaley

No comments:

Post a Comment