Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Adjusting to a new schedule

9-23-13

Sorry, last week I only had 10 minutes of email time because we left for a few minutes to help someone, and when we came back, a bunch of people got on the computers for Facebook and other dumb things.  This week has been really exhausting because we are done with training and now we have to head out at 10 in the morning instead of 12, and doing an extra 2 hours of biking is making me so tired.  I've been taking short 15 minute naps at lunch to help, but I'm just trying to adjust.  It's still about 90 degrees + here, and I can't wait till it finally cools down.  It's suppose to cool down in about 3 weeks, so I'm excited for that.  This Thursday, we are going to have a Zone Conference with Elder Teh from the Seventy and I'm so excited for that.  We have pretty much stopped tracting over all.  We are now focused on finding all of the less-active members in the ward and updating the ward roster so that it is accurate.  It's really frustrating because many of the members are in gated communities and we can't get into them or get ahold of the people.  The houses that we can get to, the people will look at us through the window and completely ignore us and not answer.  We have found more people to teach, though.  Tonight we have 2 lessons to teach and we are going to invite both of the investigators to be baptized tonight.  Hopefully, that will go well.  Over the past couple of weeks, I have really begun to enjoy my studies and I feel like I am getting a better knowledge of scriptures and other things.  I know Preach My Gospel pretty well, but I have been struggling to know scripture references and stuff, but I am slowly adding onto my memory more and more scriptures.  We have started a Bible study class that we do on Tuesdays and I taught it last week.  We are going over the New Testament, and that's good because I don't think I've really read through it that much.  I still struggle with speaking up at times and being really "social".  I talk and teach whenever I need to, but I'm just trying to be more comfortable with speaking up and having conversations.  I just don't know what to talk about most of the time.  Anyway, I have definitely grown and learned a lot, and I am continuing to do so.  I hope to hear from you again this week, and I will pray for all of you.  Let me know how things are going, and I don't think I need anything yet.  Thanks though.

Love,
Elder A. Whaley





Looks like Elder Whaley found a scout buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment